When I decided to visit Paris last September and asked people how many days I should spend there, I just got one answer – “even a month isn’t enough to see it all”. I was surprised to hear this invariable answer, but decided to find out for myself by setting out for a week to the city of love. And at the end of it – I had to admit – there’s just so much art and beauty to see and relish in the city that I’m now sure it’s going to be one of the places that I would definitely go back to!
Places I visited:
While there are multitude of museums and tourist attractions in Paris, I chose the following places owing to the ease of access from where I stayed (0.5 miles from Louvre museum in the tiniest Airbnb there can be and in Montmartre) –
- Louvre museum – Took a private group tour booked through Airbnb’s experiences
- Palace of Versailles – We took the train from Paris and did a whole day tour
- Walking tour starting from Tuileries Garden (Free and best way to see and hear about Paris’s history) Check it out here: Discover walks
- Eiffel tour at day and night (Including the elevator that takes you to the top)
- Hop-on Hop-off on the river Seine which included stops like Notre Dame, Saint Chapelle, Champs Elysees, Arc de triomphe
- Walking tour at Montmartre (It was rated the most popular walking tour and it was well worth it. Again, FREE!) Check it out here: Discover walks
- The prices of Hotels and Airbnb’s are almost comparable, but like always, Airbnb’s have more character. Fun – fact: We stayed at an Airbnb that was right opposite the infamous cafe from the French movie – Amelie
- We heavily depended on Uber to get us around, it worked out cheaper than public transport since it was three of us.
- We loved the walking tours and I wanna do all of them one day. You get to interact and learn about Paris from a local. What more could you ask for!
- If you go to the Trocadero gardens in the night during Summer/early Fall, you might catch some amazing live music!
- The Saint-Germain neighborhood is super lively during all times of the week that makes it an amazing spot to grab dinner and hang out.
Here are some glimpses of Paris that I captured on film –
Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!
Until next time,